Friday, September 23, 2011

Guatemala packing

Only a few more days until I make this big trip...and I'm still frantically trying to raise money to make this trip happen successfully....donations of ANY amount are more than welcome...please!
What I have found is how unprepared I am to travel to a third world country... for those of you who really know me...I'm not really the biggest camper in the world.  I will say that I was VERY relieved to find out that we'd be staying in an inn that does have electric (when it works) and with any luck warm showers....This to me is camping (yes, I realize how horrible that sounds)....
Now to find work clothes...I'm going on a Salvation Army shopping spree on Monday to pick up clothes...Once again, I count my blessings.
I know that this trip is going to be a major eye opener for me.  Although living in the islands I saw poverty at times, I don't think I can even gauge the extent of it in a third world country....I know that God has led me here for a reason and I look forward to the experience to come and pray that I can give back half of what this trip will be giving to me!
xoxo.cd

No comments:

Post a Comment