Tuesday, September 13, 2011

STJ Bound

So, it's time to pack my bags again...this time back "home" to STJ....although it will be 5 days full of work, I'm looking forward to catching up with two of my besties and eating as much pate and roti that is physically possible.  For those of you who don't know much about St. John, it's pretty much heaven on earth.  This 27 sq mile island is 2/3 national park and boasts some of the most beautiful beaches and people in the world.  I left STJ 2 years ago (how it's been that long is beyond me) for the mainland....although at times I miss the island I'm happy that I made the move to Orlando and the blessings that the move has brought me....but wanted to share a few of the things about the rock I miss:
*Sunday Funday at Jost Van Dyke
*my Coral Bay crew
*walking down the street and knowing 95% of the people you saw
*Roonie telling me he "loves me like a pig loves mud"
*Roland - no more needs to be said about that
*Gertrudes Roti
*Lobster Roll @ the Tourist Trap
*winning "the roll" at the bar...oh wait, I never won!
* the absurdity of how slow things really move in the islands - yes, I do kind of miss that
*my daily commute of Cruz Bay-Coral Bay
*traffic means being stopped by a heard of goats
*my people....truly my family...
So, I'm sure I'll have plenty to add as the next few days progress...Looking forward to seeing my St. Johnians!
xoxo.cd

No comments:

Post a Comment